First Presbyterian Church supports the ongoing outreach of the Presbyterian Church (USA) in many ways including contributions to special periodic offerings. Donations may be made directly to these offerings or to First Presbyterian Church of Gardner.
One Great Hour of Sharing
A gift to One Great Hour of Sharing enables the church to share God’s love with our neighbors-in-need around the world by providing relief to those affected by natural disasters, provide food to the hungry, and helping to empower the poor and oppressed. We contribute to this offering during Lent and on Easter Sunday.
Pentecost (Youth and Young Adult)
A gift to the Pentecost Offering helps the church encourage, develop, and support its young people, and also address the needs of at-risk children. 40% of the Pentecost offering is retained by the local church wanting to make an impact in the lives of young people within our own community. The remaining 60% is used to support ministries of the national Presbyterian Mission Agency: for Young Adult Volunteers, Ministries for Youth, and Children at Risk.
Peace and Global Witness
A gift to the Peace & Global Witness Offering enables the church to promote the Peace of Christ by addressing systems of injustice across the world. The local church uses up to 25% of this Offering to connect with the global witness of Christ’s peace. Mid council regional agencies retain 25% for ministries of peace and reconciliation. The remaining 50% is used by the national Presbyterian Mission Agency to advocate for peace and justice in cultures of violence, including our own, through collaborative projects of education and Christian witness.
Joy Christmas Gift
A gift to the Christmas Joy Offering helps provide financial assistance to current and former church workers and their families and also enables deserving students to attend Presbyterian-related racial ethnic colleges and schools.
All offerings – http://specialofferings.pcusa.org/
In addition to regular offerings we support the
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance program –
PDA is PC(USA)’s disaster response and refugee program. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, we work with partners around the globe to support those impacted by natural or human-caused disasters. http://pda.pcusa.org/
Our Presbyterian Women support the offerings of the National Presbyterian Women including
Birthday Offering – The Birthday Offering is a PW offering received in the spring of each year to celebrate the blessings in the lives of Presbyterian Women. The offering funds up to five projects that are not included in ongoing General Assembly mission support, such as agricultural development, child care, community organization, criminal justice, drug counseling, economic justice, elderly care, employment training, homelessness, literacy, violence and women’s concerns.
Thank Offering – The Thank Offering is a PW offering collected in the fall of each year that gives women a tangible way to express their gratitude for the special blessings in their lives. The offering funds projects such as agricultural development, child care, community organization, criminal justice, drug counseling, economic justice, elderly care, employment training, homelessness, literacy, violence and women’s concerns. At least 40 percent of this offering supports health ministries throughout the world. The remaining 60 percent funds new creative ideas for mission.
Fellowship of the Least Coin Offering – is an ecumenical prayer movement focused on peace, justice and reconciliation. As each of us offers prayers, we should set aside a least coin as a symbol of our prayers. (for us an USA penny.) As they are collected, these coins join many others from all parts of the world to advance the causes of justice, peace and reconciliation and to support a variety of projects that help women and children achieve a better life. The Fellowship of the Least Coin (FLC)